Combining theory with practice, the Destiny simulation imparts a holistic, multi-faceted
learning experience that encompasses:
- Consumer Marketing.
- Brand Management and Category Management: As they strive to grow their firms,
participants acquire functional skills in marketing and retailing.
- Marketing Mix: Participants grasp what it takes to market a consumer (FMCG/CPG)
product. They make trade-offs in product development, refine their advertising messages, set trade
prices, and work with retailers to influence shoppers at the point of purchase.
- Retailing Mix: Participants develop an appreciation of how a retailing business
is run. They manage and maintain a portfolio of stores, procure and merchandise products, optimize
stocks, set shelf prices, promote, and execute category strategies in their stores.
- Market Intelligence: Participants learn to make good use of marketing and business
analytics, market research, and financial statements for decision-making.
- Trade Marketing/Business Marketing: Participants form supplier-retailer
relationships as they work with their trade partners to jointly develop marketplace equity.
- Negotiation: Participants hone their negotiation skills as they thrash out
contractual agreements with their trade partners.
- Marketing and Business Strategy: Engendering strategic intuition, participants
develop deep appreciation of Market Strategy as they analyse, strategize, and execute plans over a
multi-year time horizon.
- Organization and Teamwork: As they strive to meet diverse corporate goals and
objectives cutting across their company’s portfolio of brands/categories, participants gain an understanding
of the dependencies across categories, among departments and between trade partners. They learn to
build constructive working relationships, and collaborate to successfully implement corporate
- Financial Management.
- Operations Management.
- Decision Making and Creative Thinking.