a property portal for selling and renting out properties, is used to illustrate the
building blocks and techniques of digital marketing.
This 2-day hands-on training programme on Digital Marketing, conducted at the NUS Business School,
is designed to make participants more effective in developing and executing digital marketing strategies.
The key elements and the general framework for the Workshop are outlined here.
Click here for enquiries/registration.
Marketers are often building cyber assets — websites, blogs, Facebook pages, LinkedIn profiles,
YouTube brand channels and so on — because everyone seems to be doing so. Not much thought goes
into the strategy or the execution. The outcome is a collection of disconnected properties that diffuse
and disorient their brand, and confuse customers.
It is crucially important that before you implement anything on the internet, you have a cohesive strategy
that integrates all offline and online brand assets, such that all the elements play well-coordinated,
yet distinct roles. That your brand’s communication and imagery remains intact as customers move across
the media platforms, yet each channel contributes incrementally to its equity.
This workshop will help you achieve these outcomes. It will give you a clear understanding of the building
blocks that constitute digital marketing, and equip you with the tools, the techniques and the knowledge
to develop cohesive market strategies, and prepare and execute effective digital marketing campaigns.
Importantly, the workshop imparts hands-on training on the digital tools and techniques. Participants
will learn to use platforms such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Ads to execute
online marketing initiatives, run search and display advertising campaigns, and track and optimize
The instructor is a practitioner of digital marketing and will use real life case examples from
established businesses such as PropLog
and Knight Frank, as well as entrepreneurs such as artist
The course combines well with the Digital Marketing eGuide, which
charts out a well-structured learning agenda that is adopted in the workshop.
NOTE: The Digital Marketing eGuide is also covered within the
MarketingMind platform, under ‘DIGITAL’.
The workshop aims to make you more effective in developing and executing digital marketing strategies.
- Learn how to adapt to the new world of marketing. Perceive how the internet has transformed the way
brands engage with consumers, and appreciate the new rules and perspectives.
- Embrace the tools and techniques required to succeed in digital marketing.
- Learn to develop and execute digital marketing plans, including aspects such as website building and
optimization, development of content scheme, use of social media, advertising, conversion and nurturing
leads, and tracking and monitoring.
- Optimize your online platforms for search engines, and improve business performance. You will gain
hands-on experience using the Google Console platform and Google Analytics to monitor and enhance
search performance, and draw insights to strengthen the business.
- Run search marketing campaigns. Using case examples, you will study the processes of strategizing,
planning, developing, executing and evaluating search marketing campaigns. You will also learn
to use the Google Ads platform to create search and display advertisements.
Given its focus on the practice of digital marketing, the workshop is tailored to the needs of marketing
professionals, entrepreneurs and consultants, across both consumer and business markets.
It is useful for business managers in the companies that are embrace digital marketing.
The workshop comprises a number of sessions, covering the following topics.
- The new media environment emphasising the new rules and perspectives, and how marketers must adapt to the new marketing landscape.
- The dos and don’ts of digital marketing. Through a case study, participants learn the strengths and limitations of social campaigns, and grasp the complexity of managing a brand public relations crisis.
- Digital Marketing tools and techniques to succeed in the digital age. The necessity to chalk out multi-media strategies to get discovered in cyberspace, and serve useful and interesting information.
- Overview of social media, highlighting the core differences between the networks and the best marketing practices to adopt for each of the platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization processes for on-page and off-page optimization, with the aim to impart an understanding of how to increase inbound traffic and channel it down the digital marketing funnel.
- Demonstration of the tools and functionality of Google Search Console to monitor and improve site search performance.
- Web Analytics to monitor the health of a website vis-à-vis metrics, KPIs and benchmarks, improve its effectiveness in drawing traffic and converting users, and assess the digital marketing mix.
- Hands-on experience with the Google Analytics platform to monitor, evaluate and enhance business performance.
- Search advertising to attract search traffic. The Google auction, keyword strategies, and practices to improve the effectiveness of search advertising.
- Demonstration of how to use Google Ads to research keywords, forecast campaign performance, and to create, launch and monitor search campaigns.