Merchandising Score: 0
Facings Total = 83 (max = 100)
Merchandising Notes and Guidelines
- Minimum facings = 2, Maximum facings = 8. To change the number of
facings of any item, double-click the item and select from the drop down list.
- Packs of the same item are placed next to each other on the same shelf.
- Sales of items stocked at eye level on shelves 2 and 3 (from top) are expected to increase
by 1.5%, and sales of items at the bottom shelf are expected to decline by 3%.
- Items for which the share of facings : share of sales ratio is less than 0.75
are likely to experience stockouts.
- Merchandising: To improve shopper experience, you need to move products around and block
them in a manner that is aligned with how they shop the category. Consumer decision trees which
essentially identify and prioritize the decisions a shopper makes while shopping, provide a good
basis for merchandising.
- Based on our understanding of the cereals category, plannogrammer assumes shoppers prioritize
segments over other product attributes. Accordingly you should block products within their
- Tracking item adjacencies, the merchandising score which ranges from 0 to 100, reflects how well
items are aligned within their segments. Score of 85 or more is good.