property portal or your company’s website in the context of the site’s objectives, its
target audience, and its content, structure and design.
- What are your organization’s key digital marketing objectives? (What
do you think they ought to be?)
- What role does the website play in achieving these objective?
- What are your company’s key market segments and customer groups?
- Describe the profile of one or two key customer groups.
- What customer profiles or personas does the website target? (What
customer profiles or personas do you think it should target?)
Use a website grading facility such as HubSpot’s Website Grader (https://website.grader.com/)
to grade your site.
- Choose two distinct personas (customer profiles). What information
are these customers most interested in? What are the 5 most common question
asked by them?
- Does your company’s website personalize your customers’ experiences?
- Are there different landing pages and content pages for each of the
- Are these pages tailored to address the distinct information needs
to each of the targeted customer profiles?
- Does the site answer the most frequently asked customers’ questions?
Content and Design
- Is the content engaging, simple, crisp and easy to read?
- Does the content differ distinctly from the company’s printed
brochures or media advertisements, or is it brochureware?
- Is the site’s flow multidirectional? How well does it link to
related, relevant pages within and outside your web site?
- To what extent is the web site effectively using multi-media
including videos, images, apps and so on?
- In what ways can the site be more effective in generating leads?
- What training materials such as how-to videos, webinars etc. are
found on the website?
- What call-to-action triggers are located on the website?
- Which social media platforms does your company use to engage with
customers? How effective is it in using these platforms? How does content
differ across the platforms?
- Briefly list out the features that help to optimize the web site for
search engines (SEO).
and rate your company’s digital marketing strategy to that of one of your
competitors, in terms:
- Targeting customers
Recommendation: What should your
company do to improve their web site?
Note: To find content on MarketingMind type the acronym ‘MM’ followed by your query
into the search bar. For example, if you enter ‘mm consumer analytics’ into Chrome’s search
bar, relevant pages from MarketingMind will appear in Google’s result pages.